Running Industry Alliance (RIA) has announced that the schedule for The Running Conference has gone live on the website .
The members-only The Running Conference takes place at Loughborough University from 11th – 13th September 2022 and is capped at a maximum of 250 attendees for 2022 with members from the various sectors of the running industry.
RIA membership applications are open throughout the year, and anyone wanting to be at The Running Conference 2022 should complete the application form or contact email@example.com to join RIA as soon as possible.
The theme of The Running Conference 2022 is “Impactful Collaborations” with a focus around connecting, supporting, educating, sharing, amplifying and growing.
In addition to various brand activations, pop up discovery areas, industry celebrations, fundraiser and plenty of network opportunities, #TRC22 will feature “The Running Conference Sessions” which are purposeful content and educational speakers, panel discussions and valuable market insights broken down into sessions including:
- Session Intro: Here & Now
- Session 1: Health & Wellbeing
- Session 2: Future & Awareness
- Session 3: Emerging & Breakthrough
- Session 4: Markets, Landscape & Sector Galvanising
- Session 5: Data, Insights & Interpretation
- Session 6: Audience & Understanding
- Session 7: Technology & Sector Application
- Session 8: Campaigns, Network & Alliances
- Session Close: Looking Ahead, Aligned & Ready
All sessions will be hosted by RIA hosts Vanessa, Matt and Carla and RIA Member experts with a blast intro of facts and points before a panel discussion to delve deeper into a topic and relevant market analysis.
Activations built into #TRC22 schedule include:
- On track experience session with Olympian Chris Thompson hosted by On Running
- Welcome session hosted by Running Industry Alliance
- #TRC22 opening evening food and a drink hosted by Howden UK Corporate
- “Sound Mind, Sound Body” full group activity on the running track and networking breakfast hosted by ASICS
- Pop up discovery spaces
- Myth-Busting insights to be “proven” or “busted” hosted by RIA, SMS & Limelight Sports Club
- “Running on Endorphins” hosted by Saucony
- Face-to-face business networking reception hosted by RIA
- Running celebration evening: “In honour of” Dr Ron Hill, MBE hosted by Ronhill
- “The Reflection Run”, the annual post #TRC “Rundown” Run, Walk and Talk hosted by Presca for #TRC22
- and more to be unveiled!
Sustainability will be at the start, heart and finish of #TRC22 with a number of pledges initiated for 2022 and beyond working closely with experienced RIA Members to share and inform fellow RIA Members.
Business and personal health and wellbeing will also feature as a highlight topic area whilst working from past to present to future together over #TRC22 with technology, campaigns, data, reaching audiences and much more.
RIA Experts will be present alongside many industry experts and immense talent from RIA Members.
The Running Industry Alliance Podcast will be recorded live from The Running Conference, and there will be interviews and photography opportunities with the RIA Videographer and Photographers.
Further details about the speakers, insight sessions, RIA experts and panel discussions will be unveiled to attendees next week.
Co-Leads Rebecca Richardson and Jonathan Midwood from RIA said: “We are extremely excited to unveil the top line schedule for The Running Conference #TRC22, which is packed with lots of exciting and purposeful content, insights, activations, education, discovery and networking opportunities. #TRC22 has been carefully crafted to make the most of the time together and be highly beneficial for RIA Members.
“We are looking forward to bringing various sectors of the running industry together from across verticals that may not have interacted previously to create an understanding of how the sectors can work more aligned, galvanise and better support each other through understanding of each other, the market and landscape aspects.
“RIA will be helping Members create and nurture meaningful business relationships and collaborations that will assist us all drive the Running Industry forward together over many years to come.
“The facilities and on-site accommodation at Loughborough University are fantastic, and there will be a resort-style feel with everyone staying at the campus and all sessions, meals and activities being within walking distance. We all can’t wait for #TRC22 !”
Running Industry Alliance (RIA) is a National Trade Organisation built for the UK & Ireland Running Industry with the aim to collectively help its Members to drive the Running Industry forward to improve the Sport and Business of Running.
The members-only The Running Conference takes place at Loughborough University from 11th – 13th September 2022 and will see attendees from the running industry’s different sectors including brands, retailers, distributors, events, media, communities, charities, service providers, and more.