The inaugural “The Running Conference” #TRC22 by Running Industry Alliance took place at the state-of-the-art Holywell Park Conference Centre, Loughborough University from 11th – 13th December 2022, and has been hailed a huge success by everyone involved.
Open to Running Industry Alliance (RIA) members only, the conference saw attendees from the running industry’s various sectors including Brands, Retailers, Distributors, Events, Media, Communities, Charities, NGB’s, Service & System Providers and Suppliers get together in one location to connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
The theme of The Running Conference 2022 was “Impactful Collaborations” with a focus around connecting, supporting, educating, sharing, amplifying and growing.
Click here for the video by SummitVisions from The Running Conference 2022 taken on Sunday 11th December 2022 and showing highlights of the opening day and evening including:
- On track experience session with On athlete Tom Gröschel hosted by On Running, held at Loughborough University outdoor track
- Doors opening for the inaugural #TRC22 at Holywell Park Conference Centre, Loughborough University
- Opening networking “Here and Now” hosted by Running Industry Alliance
- RIA Members networking evening and dinner in The Restaurant hosted by Howden
- Opening of the Pop Up Discovery Spaces (PUDS)
- Unveil of the Podium Spotlight for Brands
- Acoustic guitar set by local musician Nick Keen
- Networking and opening celebrations
Click here for the video by SummitVisions from The Running Conference 2022 taken on Monday 12th December 2022 and showing highlights of the day and evening including:
- “Running on Endorphins” early morning run hosted by Saucony with Ledlenser head torches
- Day 2 doors opening for the inaugural #TRC22 at Holywell Park Conference Centre, Loughborough University
- The Business Den hosted by Outside of Ordinary
- The Running Conference Sessions 1 to 4 with content, insights, education, myth busting and more presented by RIA Members and Alliance Partners
- RIA Members networking lunch hosted by ASICS
- “Movement for Mind” activity on the indoor track at Loughborough University hosted by ASICS
- Visiting the Pop Up Discovery Spaces (PUDS) & Podium Spotlights
- RIA Member welcome drinks hosted by Running Industry Alliance
- The Running Celebration Evening in honour of Dr Ron Hill, MBE hosted by Ronhill with a viewing of a private collection of unique memorabilia
- Dinner served in The Restaurant, sharing memories of Dr Ron Hill with a special viewing and guest speakers, commissioned original artwork by artist Brian Donnelly & Club La Santa Voucher fundraising for Alzheimer’s Research UK & The Running Bee Foundation 11. Acoustic guitar set by local musician Nick Keen 12. Networking and running industry legend evening celebrations continue!
Click here for the video from The Running Conference 2022 showing highlights of the whole event from 11th to 13th December #TRC22 including the early morning social run hosted by Coopah coaches and with head torches supported by SILVA.
Running Industry Alliance (RIA) is an independent National Trade Organisation built for the UK & Ireland Running Industry with the aim to collectively help its Members to drive the Running Industry forward to improve the Sport and Business of Running.
The RIA Members-only The Running Conference took place at Loughborough University from 11th to 13th December 2022 and was capped at a maximum of 280 attendees.
Top line details for #TRC23 can be found on the conference page on the RIA website.
RIA Members and Alliance Partners can be viewed here: www.runningindustryalliance.com/foundation-members/